Tuesday 19 November 2013

CiteULike

This was fun - free reference management software has come a long way since I last looked at it (many years ago).  Nothing is without its irritations of course and the first one I encountered was that the username PaulineBlagden was already taken. Scary thought, a namesake.  After that things went quite well.  As I was doing this at home, I put in terms that interested me.  The first 'Roman' turned up some fascinating stuff - fairly random though - maybe it was too general a term.  Then I tried Norman Sicily, hoping for articles about Roger etc but most of the results were about genetics or the mafia.
Then I tried importing stuff from Google Scholar - one worked and the other didn't.
At this point I gave up before I identified too many articles which I would really love to read but don't have time to.

No comments:

Post a Comment